Financial Travel Tip #26: “Creating” Money for Travel with the Prosperity Game

by Nora Dunn on April 28, 2012

In the last few weeks we’ve addressed financial travel tips like how to carry your cash safely and securely, including tricks like carrying a decoy wallet.

But all this assumes that you have cash to begin with for travel!

Let’s take a step back. Maybe you’re still in the throes of planning your travels. Or maybe you’re on the road but running out of money well before you’re willing to stop traveling. It’s time to “create” some money!

Although it’s not as easy as snapping your fingers or wiggling your nose for boatloads of money to appear, you can actually play a game that often results in money (or financial opportunities) coming to you in unexpected ways.

It’s called the Prosperity Game.

I played this game with a good dose of skepticism about eight years ago, and was amazed at the results. My business took a few lucrative turns, cheques (somewhat randomly) arrived in the mail, and I even found cash (lots of it) in the streets!

The Prosperity Game is fun to play, and dares you to dream about how some extra cash could enrich your life. You’ve got nothing to lose (except about five minutes per day), and an unlimited potential to tap into.

Curious? Check out this article which explains how to “create” money with the Prosperity Game!

Finding Money (Literally) with the Prosperity Game

Jari April 28, 2012 at 10:08 am

This totally works! When I was trying to fund my trip to Costa Rica last year I was focusing a lot on generating money and the opportunities just kept appearing at every turn. I even found $20 in the street that about ten people had just walked past! My family calls in positive manifesting, but same idea :)

theprofessionalhobo April 28, 2012 at 1:22 pm

@Jari – Positive manifesting, the law of attraction, quantum physics – the principle goes by many names. But the idea remains the same: thoughts can indeed help shape our reality.

Turner April 28, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Not buying it.

Rachel April 28, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I read “Manifest Your Destiny” and did lots of visualizing a few years back and I made amazing money. Then the economy tanked. Need to visualize more consistently, I swear it works, but takes discipline to remember!

theprofessionalhobo April 29, 2012 at 11:47 am

@Turner – Great! It’s free anyway! :-)

@Rachel – It’s also hard if you’re surrounded by negative news to keep positive, so something as far-reaching as a downturn in the economy can have a sweeping (almost snowball) effect on people’s mentalities too.
And yes, it does take a wee bit of discipline – and a good dose of remaining self-aware of your inner mind chatter – to keep those wheels greased!

Nate @yomadic April 29, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I’m going to give this a go…nothing to lose, right?

theprofessionalhobo April 30, 2012 at 9:22 am

@Nate – After you’ve done the exercise, write back here to let us know what your results are like!

Africa Safaris May 9, 2012 at 4:32 am

still waiting for @Nates report to know if it actually worked