2012: 8 Countries and 20,000 Miles in 4 Minutes [Video]

by Nora on December 27, 2012

A few days ago, I shared the details of my full-time(ish) travels in 2012. Now, it’s time to unveil the video!

I wish a Happy Holiday to everybody, wherever you are. I hope 2012 was spectacular for you, and your plans for 2013 are even more inspiring!

Click here to watch this video on YouTube.

1 Gigi December 27, 2012 at 11:40 am

Lovely! You made me miss Switzerland. Can’t wait to get back there (once things warm up).

2 theprofessionalhobo December 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Hey Gigi – Believe it or not, I’d actually like to see Switzerland…in the winter.
I know, I know. Crazy for a permanent summer-chaser. But there you have it! 🙂

3 Dyanne@TravelnLass December 27, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Nicely done, my dear! I’ve been meaning to fiddle some with video (have only but dabbled in MS Movie Maker which seems nicely robust). But might look into… Tripfilms? I also need to noodle out how to get my new external mic to work on my laptop. Or did you just record w/o one?

In any case, nice job! And especially nice to take the time to reflect on one’s many travel adventures this past year, and document them in a short video. Thanks for the inspiration – I may just give it a try.

4 theprofessionalhobo December 28, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Thanks, Dyanne! I was inspired a few years ago by Sherry of Ottsworld, who usually produces beautiful narrated photographic “Christmas cards” of her adventures from the year. I loved it so much that I started reflecting on my annual travels similarly!

As for recording narrations, I just use the mic on my headphones, plugged into my laptop – works a charm.

5 Dyanne@TravelnLass January 12, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Just a quick note to point you to my own “Reflection on 2012”, Nora. Thanks to your inspiration, I hunkered down and created my own little walk-down-2012-memory-lane. And I’m glad I did as I’m sure I’ll treasure it in future days to recall my first full year as a nomadic expat. http://www.travelnlass.com/2013/01/the-travelnlass-looks-back-on-2012-movie.html

P.S. And as you’ll see, I never DID manage to figure out how to get my silly external mic to work, but oh well… 😉

6 theprofessionalhobo January 13, 2013 at 8:05 am

Hi Dyanne – Great video! And you worked around the mic issue with lovely captions. A beautiful journey! 🙂

7 Baron's December 28, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Really loved your 2012 video Nora. I’m looking forward to reading your scooter riding adventures. I think these ought to be cool.

Wishing you Happy Holidays and a healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year.

May all your dreams come true in 2013

Berge

8 theprofessionalhobo December 28, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Thanks, Berge – and the same to you!

9 Jodi December 30, 2012 at 9:28 am

Nice vid! I’m happy you love the Caribbean that much. I’m from Antigua and I’m planning a trip to Grenada for Spring 2013! Happy New Year!

10 theprofessionalhobo December 31, 2012 at 9:49 am

Hey Jodi – Happy New Year to you too, from just a few islands down the chain… 🙂

11 nomadic translator @latinAbroad December 31, 2012 at 8:31 am

Love love love absolutely LOVED the video! Thanks for the morning cheer. I’m hoping I get to travel more next year!

– Maria Alexandra

12 theprofessionalhobo December 31, 2012 at 9:50 am

Aw….thanks, Maria! I really enjoy doing my end of year videos and posts….it’s a cathartic process. So to discover that you enjoy it too makes my day. Cheers!