This is a special post to announce an upcoming event that you just may want to attend if you want to shorten the learning curve to becoming a travel ninja:
The 1st Annual Travel Hacker Convention in New Zealand this January!
From Monday January 24th to Wednesday January 26th, Rotorua New Zealand will transform into a training ground for travel ninjas. World-renowned speakers and travelers will share their secrets, and when they’re not spilling the beans in a formal manner, you’ll get to hang out with them while experiencing a few travel adventures of your own in New Zealand!
You’ll likely recognize a few names on the speaker’s list:
- Chris Guillebeau (who – among other things – is on a mission to visit every country in the world, and is getting close)
- Aaron Carotta (host of the travel tv show Alive!)
- Rolf Potts (author of Vagabonding, which has inspired many to hit the road)
- Matt Kepnes (aka Nomadic Matt, a fellow full-time traveler)
- Rick Ingersoll (the frugal travel guy, who hasn’t paid for an airline ticket in five years)
- …and ME (Nora Dunn)!
Between us, we’ll talk about things like:
- Ultralight/no bag travel
- Free travel
- Full-Time travel in a financially sustainable manner
- Moving from the cubicle to freedom
- Challenging authority
The price of your convention ticket includes:
- 2 nights at the Novotel
- 2 gala dinners
- 1 breakfast
- 2 chosen adventures (and all associated transportation)
Your adventures in question include white water rafting, ATV riding, Agroventures activities (like bungy jumping, jet boating, and swooping), encountering an endangered Kiwi bird, and relaxing at a naturally heated Polynesian spa. The adventures alone add up to the price of your convention ticket, but rest assured – you’re in the safe keeping of a group of travel hackers; we’ve got it covered, and more!
Special Promotion with Discount Code
If you are among the first 50 people to sign up, you can get 10% off your convention ticket! Simply use the code ND1 on this sign-up page and you’re on your way (literally and figuratively).
Please note: Airfare to Rotorua is not covered with the convention ticket, but you can get 10% off airfare as well by using the contact details provided on the ticket purchase page.
PS – Don’t forget to accumulate those frequent flyer miles for your flight over to New Zealand! And if you already have lots, try flying business class to get the most bang for your frequent flyer miles.
Hope to see you there!